Well I'll be darned -- I never went that extra step. I figured that Finale already knew that my first note that I was hitting ctrl-3 on was a 16th note and figured it just couldn't be done.

I wonder why Finale doesn't know that first note already is a 16th note, though. It's certainly displaying it as one, so somewhere it knows.

At any rate, thanks for setting me straight!

Tobias Giesen wrote:

David wrote:

You can't go back in speedy and tupletize notes which have already been entered.

Why not? I do that all the time ...

Never mind caps lock, you just have to hit Ctrl-3 (on Windows) on the first note
and then press the key corresponding to its symbolic duration once more.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]