On Saturday, Jun 7, 2003, at 12:48 America/Vancouver, Jari Williamsson wrote:

But even more telling is the complete lack of an analogy on Windows for high level events. All of which have now been subsumed into AppleEvents BTW. My best nutshell explanation is that they are an object oriented approach to messaging and data passing.

Well, OLE2 works a lot like that, although the communication is mainly between objects instead of applications.

If OLE2 'receive' and 'send' is available from a Windows message (param(s)) rather than being something else entirely I'll have to eat my words about "complete lack...".

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca