Philip M. Aker writes:

> But Jari, I've been _using_ Carbon controls in plugins since 1998 and
> requesting support for them in the PDK since the autumn of that year.

So what happens if Carbon isn't installed on the client's computer?

> Multitasking as an issue is only important to Windows developers
> because DOS (and I think Windows before W95) never had anything like
> the (old) MacOS event loop concept in the first place.

What are you talking about? Windows has _always_ used the message
loop concept (which is Microsoft's "version" of the event loop) for
communication. The new thing in Win32 (=Windows95 and later) was pre-
emptive priority-based threaded multitasking.
DOS had nothing to do with Windows, not even under Win16 (specially
true since Windows 3.0), since most of DOS was disabled anyway.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson