Noel Stoutenburg:

 > > If not implemented in FIN 2k4, one thing I would like to see in 2k5 is
 > > the ability to embed non-printing, optional carriage return / linefeed
 > > sequences (hereinafter, CR-LFs) in text expressions.

Jari Williamsson:

 > Why would the line feed has to be optional? Sounds to me like if you need
 > a line feed, you'll add it. If you don't need it, you don't add it. Or am I
 > missing something here?

Noel:

I can think of a number of scores where in most places one would not need the
line feed, but in a few places it is required.  Making the CR-LF optional
allows the use of one text expression instead of two.  I see it as a logical
application of the principal of which the "allow individual positioning" is a
current example.

Me:

I would use one expression without the line feed. In places where I want the line feed, all I have to do is add it to the expression once entered - which seems simpler than having two expressions or having to deal with Noel's suggested feature.

Hal
--
Harold Owen
2830 Emerald St., Eugene, OR 97403