On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 05:06 PM, Lee Actor wrote:

However, as I like to think of myself as
a frugal individual, if a switch can be set so that these are ignored in
some places, but not in others, then one can get by with one expression
instead of two.

Yes, but at the expense of an unfrugal and excessive case of feature-itis.
I'll take CR's in expressions, thank you very much. But the special case
you mention is too obscure to have a feature dedicated to it, when it can be
handled quite easily (and, IMO, more cleanly) by defining two different
expressions.

What Lee said. [Sorry for the "me too," but Lee just made my own reply to Noel irrelevant.]

- Darcy

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Boston MA

No one likes us
I don't know why
We may not be perfect
But heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the Big One and see what happens

- Randy Newman, "Political Science"