On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 09:26 AM, Bruce K H Kau wrote:

FWIW The interpretation of CR and LF is different between Macs and PCs.

On a PC, a CR-LF combination is necessary to end a line. The CR only brings
the "cursor" to the beginning of the current line, and the LF advances to
the next line. As I understand, on a Mac, a CR performs both functions. And,
to add to the confusion, on Unix/Linux et al, a LF is a "line delimiter" so
it is considered the equivalent of the PC's CF-LF.

Not sure how Finale would deal with all these differences.

Again, I'm with Jari on this. I don't understand the desire for *optional* line breaks, when it's so easy to change from one to the other (duplicate one and turn it into the other). Seems like a awful amount of extra programming work for a cumbersome, non-intuitive, non-user friendly feature. ("I *hit* return, dammit, why doesn't the line break show up on screen???")

- Darcy

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Boston MA

No one likes us
I don't know why
We may not be perfect
But heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the Big One and see what happens

- Randy Newman, "Political Science"