> Well, first and foremost I'd like to see the capability of linebreaks; if
> the mechanism were introduced it's certainly feasible to create two
> expressions, one without embedded CR-LF's, and the other one with, and use
> the appropriate one at each point.  However, as I like to think
> of myself as
> a frugal individual, if a switch can be set so that these are ignored in
> some places, but not in others, then one can get by with one expression
> instead of two.
>
> ns

Yes, but at the expense of an unfrugal and excessive case of feature-itis.
I'll take CR's in expressions, thank you very much.  But the special case
you mention is too obscure to have a feature dedicated to it, when it can be
handled quite easily (and, IMO, more cleanly) by defining two different
expressions.

-Lee