On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 08:41 AM, Robert Patterson Finale wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Beyenhof [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

What can you
do (or see) with rotation that isn't possible otherwise?

With my monitor in portrait orientation, I can view an entire orchestra score in scroll view at 85%. This is large enough to do a great many edits, even with my old eyes, especially with a razor-sharp LCD that is digitally attached. The experience is much more like working directly with manuscript paper. Indeed, I haven't worked this freely in many years.

OK, I finally figured it out after I went to portraitdisplays.com. I had had this image of attempting to edit a score that was on its side; I didn't realize that the monitor was rotated also. Unfortunately, though it seems very intriguing, I can't try it because the main computer I use for Finale is one of those dreadful CPU-and-CRT-in-one-box eMacs (not my choice).