At 08:06 AM 8/28/03 -0400, Aaron Sherber wrote:
>Yes, and I didn't really notice any change. Having looked into this briefly
>a while back, I seem to remember dimly that only Soundblaster cards (and
>exact compatibles) can use SoundFonts.

I don't know how Finale handles the SoundFonts, but this is not true.
SoundFonts are only a collection of samples and layers of information about
them. Programs like LiveSynth Pro are specifically made to provide
SoundFont playback to other applications, and to use SoundFonts that exceed
Soundblaster soundcard memory (such as Yamaha's Splended Piano at 260MB). I
have LiveSynth and it plays just fine through my SoundFont-incompatible
Waveterminal 2496 cards.

If Finale is using SoundFonts as a basic package feature, I would hope that
their own SoundFont playback software is included. (I can't be sure,
though, as I have passed on buying this Finale copy-protected version.)

Dennis