Well, I went to Keyboard Shortcuts to assign the 'numpad /' to put a tie on
a note. Miraculously this key was already assigned to this function. Even
more amazingly is that it does not seem to do this even though the shorcut
list says it does. The 'numpad /' in Simple gives any note one sharp (no
matter how many sharps or flats it already has!). Is there something wrong
with my keyboard, or the program, or my mind?

Richard Yates