If I was going to primarily use Simple with a MIDI
keyboard, I would take the time to remap all of the
numpad commands to the qwerty keyboard. I'd probably
end up using my right hand on the MIDI keyboard then
and my left hand on the asdf keys. This gives the
advantages of the modifier keys. I would probably also
make sure to give myself navigational ability,
probably by holding the Alt key and pressing letters.
I'm quite sure you could design a system where your
hands don't have to move.

Tyler