Thanks, Tyler. Another question went your way as this response came in.
Might there some day be a library of such keyboard arrangements? For now I
am just tryng to see if Simple is worth switching too as so many seem to
think it is. The prospect of diving into such a design project, with a
possible conclusion that Speedy is still better, is too daunting.

My impression from the list is that many users, even a majority(?), prefer
Speedy with MIDI. As much as Simple has been extended, is it really an
efficient alternative to Speedy? I am hoping the answer is 'yes' and I am
trying to learn it, but there seem to be severe obstacles.

As you will see in my next example to the list, an essential addition to
Simple is an enharmonic flip.

Richard Yates