> From: Andrew Stiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> OK, how do I (in FinMac 2K2) put a cautionary key and time change
> into a measure when the following measure does not in fact change
> time or key? This comes up because a first ending requires these
> cautions (the measure to wh. it jumps has the new key and time), but
> the 2nd ending is unaffected.

Speaking only to the time signature part of your question, I faced this last
week and found no pre-configured time signatures in the character sets.

The time sigs that Finale places are comprised of  Maestro 24-pt and regular
numerals (i.e., 3,4, 6 etc.) stacked. You can create a pre-configured time
signature as a shape expression. In the Shape Expression Designer choose
Maestro 24 pt (no bold face, etc.), click somewhere in the box and hit the
what will be the top numeral. Click elsewhere and hit the bottom numeral
(two separate numerals required; using carriage return will not put the
numbers close enough together). Click the Selection tool (arrow), zoom to
400% and drag-enclose the second number and position it directly underneath
and carefully aligned with the first and almost touching it. Go back to 100%
and drag-enclose both numbers, producing their respective handles. Drag the
numbers close to the circle in the middle.

Click OK and be sure and UNcheck "Allow Horizontal Stretching" in the next
dialog box. Click OK, and in the next box here is a case where All Staves
and NOT checking Allow Individual Positioning would be the appropriate
choices.

A mid-measure time signature option would be great, as they have for clefs.
If I've overlooked how to do this using a feature I don't know about,
someone let me know.

-Richard