Dennis,

I am glad you finally got things to work as they should. What a strange thing to have to do to get the repeat signs to work! Who would have figured that out? I'm glad you discovered it and now have another weapon in your arsenal of tools to get proper layout.

Thanks for sharing it with us, since we may not have run into that situation yet but we might eventually and be scratching our heads as you were!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
David

d. collins wrote:

David H. Bailey écrit:

I went to Document Settings, Repeats and clicked each of the three options and each time I clicked APPLY and the appearance onscreen changed each time to reflect what was shown on the button I had clicked.

So I'm not sure why you aren't seeing any changes -- they work as they should in my test.

Is this a file you began in an earlier version? Perhaps deleting the repeat and re-entering it will allow it to work as you want it to?

After numerous tries, I found that this option works everywhere else in the file, but not where I want it. The particularity here is that I needed the repeat inside my 2/4 measure, because of the pickup, so I subdivided it into 3/8 and 1/8. The option apparently no longer works if you have a change in time signature. But I discovered the following work-around: once my layout and spacing is finished, I simply change the time signature in the second measure to 3/8, and the repeat options work! Great. Thanks for your reply.

Dennis

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]