Wow, I hadn't noticed that option before -- I wonder if it's new in 2004.

In any event, I just did a simple test:

Started a new document, at end of measure 3 I entered a repeat sign and at the beginning of measure 4 I entered the opening repeat sign, so they were right next to each other as you describe.

They entered as a single thick line, just as you want them to.

I went to Document Settings, Repeats and clicked each of the three options and each time I clicked APPLY and the appearance onscreen changed each time to reflect what was shown on the button I had clicked.

So I'm not sure why you aren't seeing any changes -- they work as they should in my test.

Is this a file you began in an earlier version? Perhaps deleting the repeat and re-entering it will allow it to work as you want it to?

d. collins wrote:

I have a "back-to-back" repeat in the middle of the piece (i.e. the two halves of the pieces are repeated), and find the resulting repeat sign too thick, since there are actually two thick lines, instead of one with dots on either side. In the document options (2004), there are three possibilities for these "back-to-back" repeats, but nothing happens when I switch from one to the other. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dennis

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]