That won't put cautionary key and time signatures at the end of any measure - will just force them to show at the start of a measure.

The only way I know to do what Andrew is asking is to insert the slim empty measure just to hold the requisite time/key signatures.

Dan Rupert wrote:

Hi Andrew:

I can't remember specifically but I think this works in 2K2:

        Measure attributes\key signature, & select 'always show' from the
drop down list.

On Behalf Of Andrew Stiller Subject: [Finale] repeats

OK, how do I (in FinMac 2K2) put a cautionary key and time change into a measure when the following measure does not in fact change time or key? This comes up because a first ending requires these cautions (the measure to wh. it jumps has the new key and time), but the 2nd ending is unaffected.

I know I can fake this by inserting a slim empty measure for the sole purpose of bearing the key/time change, but must I really resort to this kludge? I have a vague recollection that later versions of Finale handle this problem naturally, so should I just put this project aside till October?

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]