At 4:46 pm -0400 21.10.2003, David H. Bailey wrote:
There are none at this level. There is Graphire Music Press, which is supposedly bringing a new version with a new pricing scheme (they had a "pay for so many hours and then the meter stops") where you actually buy unlimited usage. But this is still only in the rumor stages. But from what I hear, it does the best job of all three at engraving but I'm not sure it has playback at all.

Under "System Requirements" they say Optional Equipment: * MIDI device (keyboard, guitar, etc.) for input * MIDI interface * MIDI sound module for playback * Sound system

which suggests it does have at least a rudimentary playback capability. I have an early version of Graphire for Mac (c. 1998). It required a dongle which I've probably lost. I only used it briefly but from what I remember the output was beautiful. The input was elegant and logical but very time-consuming. I abandoned it in favour of Finale for that reason and, more importantly, nobody I worked with used it.

John