There are none at this level. There is Graphire Music Press, which is supposedly bringing a new version with a new pricing scheme (they had a "pay for so many hours and then the meter stops") where you actually buy unlimited usage. But this is still only in the rumor stages. But from what I hear, it does the best job of all three at engraving but I'm not sure it has playback at all. There is no mention on their website of playback that I could see.

The price is $595 full price, with $295 academic price.

The output is beautiful.

http://www.graphire.com to find out more.

Richard Huggins wrote:
I know there are a few other notation programs out there, but If there were
no Finale, would there be a serious competitor to Sibelius (that INCLUDED
the Macintosh platform)? What would keep Sibelius honest and interested in
upgrading/improving their features?

--Richard

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]