My approach was to design my parts templates as seperate files first, then create libraries with those settings.  When I'm ready to extract from the score, I save the file with a different name and load the library for the appropriate part template. Next, update page layout in page tool and the changes will be applied to the file.  Now, add/position the text blocks properly for titles, credits, copyrights, continuing page titles, page numbers etc....  If you want your boxed rehearsal numbers/letters, or other specific measures to begin a system, use measure tool to set those measures up now.  Once that is done you are ready to extract.

Vince Leonard
www.invinceableentertainment.com