On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 02:00 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:

I'm trying to decide the best way to do a contemporary score with no key
signature. If the score is set to the key of C, all the transposing
instruments will have a key signature, so I'm assuming the best way to do
this is to hide the key signature of the transposing instruments. I guess
I'd just like to get some confirmation that this is the best way. Thanks!

Actually, that's *not* quite the best way to go about this. If you are to merely hide the signatures, they will still affect the staves though they don't show up (e.g. C placed on a Bb instrument will still play back as a C#).

The more sanity-preserving method is to go into the Staff Attributes for the transposed staves, click the "Select..." button near "Transposition," and change the transposition style from Key Signature to Chromatic.