On Jan 10, 2004, at 10:57 AM, Raymond Horton wrote:

Please don't take offense, but you are being a bad example for your friends
arguing for C scores.

Um. Perhaps you're getting the attributions confused, but you addressed this comment to me. I may be a bad example for my friends in other ways, but I've never argued for C scores at all. I've never argued against them either. In fact, I wasn't entirely sure what they're like, and that's why I was asking about the use of clefs in them.

You are admitting
you don't even know the clefs!

I did admit that I'm not very facile with an alto clef, yes, though I wouldn't say I "don't even know it".

I'm being irritating, I know.  I've got some problems here, and this is
helping me blow off steam.

Glad to be of help. Best of luck with whoever it is you're really having troubles with.

mdl