From: "Darcy James Argue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Er, no.  That's how this whole thread started, actually.  It's becoming
> more common -- and is quite acceptable -- to use the 8vb treble clef
> for guitar in concert pitch scores, as well as the 8vb bass clef and
> the 8va (and 15ma, for glock) treble clefs, where appropriate.  This
> (theoretically) eliminates ambiguity involving octave-transposing
> instruments in a concert pitch score.
>
> - Darcy

Sure, guitar, fine, of course, it's always been written that way - the "8"
just clarifies it.  But don't use that for horns - or any other tenor
orchestral instrument, as it would be needlessly confusing.   (And I said
nothing to preclude the 8va treble or the 8ba bass, as there is no common
alternative clef for them, and, just as with guitar, the 8s and 15s only
serve to clarify what was the standard notation already).

(I should learn never to say not, or not say never, or something like that)

RH