On 29.01.2004 4:57 Uhr, Mark D Lew wrote

> (1) Tie Placements (ie, inner vs outer);

You could almost certainly use Robert's Tie Mover to get exactly what you
want.

> (2) Adjust [Augmentation] Dot for Multiple Voices; and

Can you give me an example where this is needed?

> (3) Dash Length and Dash Space for Smart Shapes,

Agreed, though I must admit I have never needed that either. Instead it
would help me if there were more specific settings for various smart shapes.

> with the first one way out in front of the others.
>
> In theory, it always seemed wrong to me that Display 4/4 as "C" was a
> document-wide option, but in actual fact I've never had a document
> where I've wanted both.

If you ever do, this is already possible. "Abbreviate" is an option in the
"Use different time sig for display" part of the Time sig dialog.

> Another document setting which would be nice to apply locally is the
> one in Music Options: Spacing  (not to be confused with Music Spacing
> Options) that specifies the horizontal distance between the left
> barline and the first item in the measure -- but there the real issue
> is not so much that I want to apply different values locally, but
> rather that I wish I could specify one value for a measure in which the
> first item is a note, and a different value for a measure in which the
> first item is an accidental. Am I really the only one who is
> dissatisfied with the optical imbalance of having the two equal?

I have never noticed and publication making a difference. I am personally
happy with how it works now.

> Come
> to think of it, I wouldn't mind a third value for a measure in which
> the first item is an articulation, since in my work the only time
> that's going to happen is if it's an arpeggio mark, and those bars
> never space right for me either.

For such situations TGTools has tools to add space anywhere in a measure.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de