> Kind of silly, but we love the horn, in spite of its flaws (or
> perhaps because of them!)
>
> Christopher

Not silly in the least. I know people in the recording business who are
already convinced that operatic singing is outdated and unnecessary simply
because today's technologies in sound reinforcement have deemed  resonance
and projection non-essential. Or others who no longer value that live
musicians play phrases, whereas MIDI+electronics play sound waves. The horn
is a beautiful instrument and the things we call "flaws" are the essence of
it, wihout a doubt. Don't give me mistakes, but give me the possibility of
them arising, and the adventure and care of avoiding them.