At 05:08 PM 03/26/2004, David W. Fenton wrote:
>Why should invisible music affect spacing?

I can think of several reasons. For example, I was recently working on a section of music in which the only way to get the measures visually correct involved visible notes in layer 1 and visible rests and hidden notes in layer 2. (It's a long story, but it's a workaround for Finale's limitations in certain beaming styles.) However, because Finale didn't take the hidden notes into account, getting this whole thing to space correctly involved yet another set of hidden notes in layer 3 that I could make visible as a group when needed to do spacing. In this case, I would have liked it very much if hidden notes affected spacing.

In fact, Music Spacing has an option to avoid collision with hidden notes. I would have expected that checking this would have solved my problem, but it didn't. I guess I'm not sure what that option is for.

Aaron.