On 5 Jun 2004 at 15:38, Christopher BJ Smith wrote:

> At 3:04 PM -0400 6/05/04, David W. Fenton wrote:

> >If find that extracting parts is one of the most unpleasant parts of
> >Finale -- I put it off and put it off, especially because after
> >proofing the first run of them, I always have to go back and alter
> >the score, and in many cases the changes are numerous enough that I
> >feel that I need to re-extract the parts (instead of making the
> >changes in two locations).
>
> If the rhythmic content of the measures is not too different, try my
> method for copying changes. It really is fast. A whole big band chart
> in about ten minutes, I kid you not.

Well, that will work fine if you don't have multiple layers without
fully filled rests in all frames. But if you're copying a measure
with, say, a quarter note and no rests in layer 2, you can end up
with all your subsequent layer 2 shifted to the left by some
arbitrary amount. This happened to me a few days ago, and it was an
absolute disaster to unravel.

So, I don't do much of any copying and pasting between files -- it's
way too unreliable.