Several years back I MDed a production of "The Pajama Game".  We had really
old orchestra books that had obviously been sent out many times.  During
rehearsals somebody, maybe the trombone player asked about a certain note.
I checked the score and told him what it probably ought to be, based on the
harmony.  Since we had not yet played the number I asked him about his
inquiry.  He replied "It has been corrected and erased what looks like
several times so I wanted to be sure what it was before I played a wrong
note."

We all had a good laugh!

Guy Hayden, Minister of Music
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church