Darcy James Argue wrote:

On 11 Apr 2005, at 8:41 PM, Raymond Horton wrote:

OK, if you approve, not only of David's disagreeing with Brahms (nothing wrong with that) but of the less-than-civil tone of his disagreement, (which takes it to a different level) than I will ask you to provide an example of a truly great composer that is an atheist.

Oh please. Your question is *far* more offensive than David's use of the word "shit." Besides, the answers ought to be obvious to anyone with a passing familiarity with the music of the past hundred years.

Oh, please.

Yes, we should go back to discussing half and whole rests, if that's the best we can do.

Over and out.