On 8 Jul 2005 at 1:13, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

> David W. Fenton schrieb:
> > Well, what about a non-USB MIDI interface? Did they also take away
> > the printer port (isn't that what used to be used for MIDI, given
> > how I remember all the complaints about contention for the port?)?
>
> Without wanting to fuel a completely unnecessary platform war here:
> Since OS X Macs don't have old fashioned serial or printer ports.
> There is no point getting add on cards since the System does not
> support them.
>
> Macs have USB and Firewire. You can add SCSI if you must.

I had forgotten about Firewire and didn't know that there were
Firewire MIDI interfaces. I think Chris ought to test a Firewire MIDI
interface to see if it solves his problem. If it doesn't, then, yes,
it's surely a problem in Finale, either internally, or in relation to
the OS.

But I still think contention on the USB bus is probably the source of
the problem.