Richard Yates wrote:

The quality of the engraving isn't in question here - the fact that the
company participated is.  Look at the MakeMusic submission -- it's far
inferior to the Sibelius submission.  I can't even see the notes or the
staves for the MakeMusic submission!

You are all reading far more into this informal, voluntary comparison than
is remotely valid. The whole thing was obviously not much planned or
organized. There is no 'MakeMusic' submission; there is only a Finale
version made by a casual user with an ancient version.

That's my point -- informal or not, Sibelius is out there beating the bushes, working hard to display itself, make itself known wherever it can. MakeMusic couldn't care less.

As for being a "voluntary comparison" I can't really imagine these days there being a "mandatory comparison" so I'm not sure why you're making this competition seem even less than it was. It wasn't an organized comparison, fine.

My point about Sibelius as a company working hard to create a presence for itself while MakeMusic is just trudging along in the same old rut still stands, regardless of the low-brow quality of the comparison in question.

--
David H. Bailey