David W. Fenton wrote:

I've only had one correspondence with MakeMusic (I've sent in feature requests, etc., which didn't require a response beyond an acknowledgment), and it took several messages before the support person even got to the point of comprehending what I was talking about, despite a very clearly worded set of instructions for reproducing the problem -- the rep really didn't read what I'd written, and gave answers to the wrong question. It took several back-
and-forth messages to get him back on the right topic. <snip>

Obviously I can't comment on any other user's experience of Makemusic customer support, but just to balance the books somewhat, I have to say all my experiences of Winsupport have been markedly different.

I've had to correspond with winsupport around 16-17 times, on issues ranging from drum mapping, MIDI importing, feature requests, bugs relating to the main tool pallette (which admittedly, though not serious, I don't think has been fixed.), and on all occasions the response has been fairly prompt, always courteous, and on the whole helpful. On the occasions that they haven't been able to replicate the problem, there has been a slightly more extended correspondence while the problem is pinpointed, and I've even been asked to email them files on ocassion so that they can figure out what's going on.

In fact, as much as I have needed it, I really can't complain about Makemusic customer support.

C.