Hi Karen,

That's how I've done it since a call to their support line told me about this a few years ago! Sometimes it pays to just give up and call.

Anyway, I just got back to the problem form yesterday, and I bet Hiro is right, that it's going to boil down to a software conflict, but not with Quickeys, which has been working fine for a while. Rather it must be the Macromanager software that was just installed to run the little X keys keyboard. That's what's new, and my mind didn't want to wrap around that, because the keyboard itself is working the way it's supposed to. But sleeping on it leads me to want to try things without that software.

I'll report soon.

Chuck