A volunteer job is still a job. You shouldn't volunteer for a job if you don't plan to actually fulfill your responsibilities. If someone is a volunteer firefighter in a small town, and yet never shows up at the scene of a fire, then they are not doing their job.

If Henry's on vacation, well, there are many people on this list with experience with Mailman software. How hard would it have been to contact one of them with the admin password and say, "Would you mind keeping an eye on the list while I'm away?"

Also, if you know you're going away for a while, and nobody's minding the shop while you're gone, why on earth would you make a major change like modifying the Reply-To behavior *immediately* before you depart, so that we're all stuck with it for weeks?

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY