>Darcy wrote:
Personally, I'm more surprised -- well, not surprised, exactly, but
saddened -- that so many on this list are so insular and secure in
their tastes that they are completely disconnected from the musical
culture at large. And proud of it, to boot.  Who's calling who
musically illiterate, again?

A comment and a question:

1. I got more of a sense from this thread that people HAD listened to things
and then rejected them. I can understand that.

2. Whose job is it (if anybody's) to tell some of the modern emperors that they
are wearing no clothes, or to tell listeners that the emperors they are
idolizing are wearing no clothes?

Jim