Once I get a microtonal key signature set up, yes, I use the +1/2 and
-1/2 options in Simple Entry to modify pitches up and down through the
range of accidentals.  And I don't see why it's unreasonable to expect
transposition to work correctly - especially as such scores are more
likely to be in C and therefore need transposed parts when extracted.

> >> What more do you need than length,
> >> endpoints, and
> >> horizontal placement that can't be done with note
> >> expressions? Can you
> >> be more specific?
> >>

> > The Staff Style stem settings don't let you change the normal stem
> > length or the stem line thickness.  These can only be done globally,
> > which I've found to be an issue in the past.
>
> The endpoint away from the notehead is the stem length. It can be
> changed in a Staff Style.

You mean the 'use vertical offset for beam end' option?  It doesn't
appear to modify the normal stem length in the same way as in Document
Settings, but rather extends all stems to a particular horizontal
position.

> It's true that you can't make the stems THINNER, but you can
> make them
> thicker by overlaying a note expression or articulation that
> is set to
> position automatically. You could even make thin stems by hiding the
> stems completely and adding a thin stem line as an expression. Once
> again, if you set it up carefully to auto position, you could
> work very
> quickly from then on. I could see how you could hold down the thick
> stem articulation metatool, drag over an entire passage, and when you
> release the mouse, every note has a thick stem.

The whole point of this exchange is to identify failures in the
software.  Having to jump through these hoops to achieve something very
simple, because it can only have one setting per document, is a failing
in my eyes.