--- Aaron Sherber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It would be nice to have some kind of confirmation
> about this. If GPO
> full and JABB are not yet compatible with Kontakt 2,
> I'll bet that
> some people who rely on those libraries will want to
> hold off on
> their Finale upgrade.

Just so long as it's clear - there's nothing
preventing users from using GPO and JABB with Finale
2007 as they did with 2006 - these libraries still
come with their older Kontakt Players, and these of
course still work with Finale 2007. Finale 2007 isn't
limited to using the Kontakt 2 Player, and in fact one
of the things you'll notice is that your old files
still open up using the old Finale GPO player.

The universal binary for Kontakt Player 2 is not yet
available, and MakeMusic says this will be provided to
Mac users when it does become available.

However, as I understand it, both versions of the
Kontakt Player do work with Rosetta - someone else
should confirm this on the GPO forum.

Also, some people have said that there are some
differences between the instrument files that are
installed with the full GPO and Finale GPO, and the
creators of GPO have gone on record as recommending
that people with GPO also install Finale GPO. People
should look this up on the GPO forum for more
information.

-Tyler