On 12 Aug 2006, at 10:50 AM, Tyler Turner wrote:

Just so long as it's clear - there's nothing
preventing users from using GPO and JABB with Finale
2007 as they did with 2006 - these libraries still
come with their older Kontakt Players, and these of
course still work with Finale 2007. Finale 2007 isn't
limited to using the Kontakt 2 Player, and in fact one
of the things you'll notice is that your old files
still open up using the old Finale GPO player.

Right, that's an important point.

However, as I understand it, both versions of the
Kontakt Player do work with Rosetta - someone else
should confirm this on the GPO forum.

This is contrary to the statement in Finale 2007's release notes, so yes, it would be good to hear from the Intel Mac owners about this one way or the other. However, I suspect that even if it does work under Rosetta, Kontakt Player performance will be extremely poor.

Also, some people have said that there are some
differences between the instrument files that are
installed with the full GPO and Finale GPO, and the
creators of GPO have gone on record as recommending
that people with GPO also install Finale GPO. People
should look this up on the GPO forum for more
information.

As far as I know, the only instruments that vary between FinGPO and their equivalents in GPO full are the solo strings, which in FinGPO have sampled (recorded) tremolos instead of playable tremolos.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]