Johannes Gebauer wrote:
On 05.12.2006 Andrew Stiller wrote:
Copyright is the provision of a monopoly for a limited time, for the benefit of *society*, not the creator.

Ok, it may be that in the US, in which case I think it is wrong. However, copyright, or "Urheberrecht" is not for the benefit of society where I come from, nor do I think it should be.

Patents, that is a different story, but art, no.

Johannes

Just out of curiosity, why do you think that patents are for the benefits of society while arts are for the benefits of the creator only?

Ultimately it's the arts which make society better in my opinion, not patents. I realize that you may not share that opinion.

--
David H. Bailey