Will Denayer wrote:

With respect to opening the manual for Finale, you wrote earlier that you converted the ~.pdf files to ~.rtf format. Based upon that statement, if it were me, here's what I'd do.
1)  Close all files, folders and programs.

2)  Click on "Start"

3)  Open the folder containing Finale 2007.

4) In the Finale 2007 folder, find the folder "User Manual".
5)  Copy that entire folder and contents to the desktop.

6)  Open the folder "User Manual" in Finale 2007

7)  Delete the entire contents, but not the folder.

8) Insert the distribution DVD or the CD labeled 1 of 2, whichever you have, in the CD / DVD drive.

9) If it doesn't start automatically, start set-up. When you reach the dialog asking if you want a "typical", "compact", or "custom" installation, select "custom".

10) In the custom installation, scroll down the list, and select for installation only the item "user documentation", near the bottom.

11)  Install a new copy of the documentation.

12) Complete the installation dialog, and close all windows

13) Start Finale, select "help", and from the drop down menu, select "user manual", and see if you can't get the manual window to open.
ns