At 12/19/2006 06:58 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

>This has never been my experience for the Dell desktop division. I
>have found their service and support to be as good as or better than
>anyone in the industry, and the quality and performance of their
>products likewise first-rate.
>
>However, the laptop division is a different animal. I simply will not
>recommend Dell laptops to clients.
>
>But I'd never buy any other desktop for myself or recommend anything
>else to any of my clients. And this has never caused any problems at
>all.

I personally prefer HP.  They have outstanding high performance workstations.

Dell has too many "cheapest components" in them for me.

But, I have never ever called any manufacturer's tech support, so I have no information on that particular point.

As most all companies now "offshore" their tech support, it has become "non" tech support. You often talk to someone who doesn't speak English very well. (Not from experience, but from tech pubs articles.)

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley