On 17.01.2007 David W. Fenton wrote:
I would agree with this, that they have not by any means been "put to rest", but I think they've been severely damaged, at least in regard to Rifkin's most vehement claim, that the surviving parts could only have been used for one-on-a-part performances. Without that, there wasn't much controversial in Rifkin's original thesis.

They were damaged unjustly, and there has since been a lot of research by many others which shows that Rifkin was absolutely correct in his assumption. Again, Andrew Parrot sums it up, read it.

If you get a chance I would recommend you to hear Joshua's lecture, it is extremely powerful evidence, and I am pretty sure you would understand why I fight for him so strongly.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de