Dear Chuck,

MakeMusic has owned up to the fact that the help files don't come up with some browsers, and they are working to fix that. There is a work-around. You open your browser, go to the file menu and select OPEN. Then you find Applications/Finale 2008/Help Files/Finale.htm. When the file comes up, you bookmark it. Next time you want the user manual, use the bookmark.

Hal

Thanks jef,

I will set the tone to even lighter than I now have it set, and maybe that will help me to deal with this.

Now - another problem: I am trying to find out how to re-size measure reduction using the selection tool (as you used to be able to do with mass edit), and I find I cannot open the online help. Tried using Internet Explorer - though the default browser is Safari. Neither seems to work. I guess that's now two questions.

Chuck