At 10:51 AM 8/11/2007 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>what opinions does the group have on
>wide-screen versus 4:3 or similar square formats?

Finale works fine on these, assuming your computer and video card support
them. (You didn't say Mac or PC.)

I have two widescreens on my homebuilt WinXP desktop. The old Matrox G450
dual-head card has done a great job through several generations of
upgrades, but did require downloading a patch from Matrox for the
widescreen resolutions (two each at 1680x1050), which weren't supported by
the original drivers.

Newer computers should work instantly. My Dell laptop has a second screen
attached, widscreen at 1440x900, and it found and adjusted to the monitor
without a hitch. It certainly makes the laptop serviceable for using Finale.

It's fantastic to have a scroll view with an 11x34-inch desktop. All sorts
of magnifications can be used without struggling. Also, when working on two
Finale documents, having them large and side-by-side is excellent.

My card doesn't support pivoted monitors, but if yours does, you'll love a
screen this large with a full orchestral score in front of you.

One important recommendation: preview the monitors in a store. All are
clearn, but the cheaper ones aren't nearly as easy on the eyes.

Dennis