        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Sun 12/08/2007 2:51 a.m.
        To: finale@shsu.edu
        Subject: [Finale] New monitor

        It looks like my current monitor is coming to the end of its life, so I
        have been considering what to get as a replacement.  LCD TFT screens
seem
        to be the only option now, but what opinions does the group have on
        wide-screen versus 4:3 or similar square formats?  Does Finale work
        correctly with wide-screen?  I thought I might see a lot more bars when
in
        scroll view, or two pages side by side in page view, but some of the
demos
        I have seen (generally web pages) have square formats stretched to
        wide-screen, therefore they are completely useless.  On the other hand a
        square shape is probably better for the maximum number of staves
visible.
        Also does anyone have any other factors they think are worth considering
        when getting a monitor for Finale?

        http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web

I suggest considering a widescreen LCD with pivot capability.   Then you can
pivot the screen to portrait and see a full page of  the score on screen with
much better clarity.

I have a 20" wide screen with pivot andf would not give it away for anything
now that I have become accustomed to it.   Actually wish I had thrown a few
more $$ and bought the 24" Wide with Pivot.  But at the time $$ were a slight
issue and so I rushed.  Ah well...

Now I am considering getting a dual screen set up with two of them.  One for
the scores and one for other stuff.

Steve