On 11 Aug 2007 at 10:51, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have seen (generally web pages) have square formats stretched to
> wide-screen, therefore they are completely useless.

That happens only when the video card's drivers don't support the
different aspect ratio. It drives me crazy, too -- two people at one
of my clients' are running their widescreen monitors just like that,
and they just don't care! It would be terrible for something like
Finale, of course, and also defeats the purpose of having more
horizontal pixels. I don't know what that company's tech support
people are thinking.