>I use a Kurzweil PC88mx keyboard, hooked up via midi through
>my Audigy2 soundcard using a loaded soundfont and there's no
>noticeable latency.
>
>Using the same keyboard, same attachment through Virtual Sound
>Canvas softsynth there's horrible latency.
>
>Using my keyboard to enter notes into Finale or Sibelius, the
>notes show up immediately and sounds occur immediately.
>
>Can you hook up your keyboard via midi to your Audigy?
>--
>David H. Bailey

Thanks for the suggestions, David. My Soundblaster card is an X-Fi Xtreme
Audio and does not have a MIDI connector. It requires a separate module for
that and that does not seem to have MIDI connectors either - just RCA jacks.
It looks like Audigy 4 needs the same. I don't know how to do MIDI jack to
RCA jack. What is the jack/cable that goes from your Kurzweil to the
soundcard?

RY