Thanks Robert, what you say is very interesting, and will probably help me sometimes in the future, especially spacing-wise.

But, as far as I'm concerned, entering a lot of music as invisible tuplets is very annoying and slowing down, since I have to hit ctrl-(number) every time I enter a tuplet (making them all invisible at once is no problem, a macro can be created for instance, or we just can set them invisible by default).

I'd say Hans gave the best solution if hairpins positioning is the only problem, you explained a very good way to get good spacing and playback.

I believe I'll use both workarounds, depending on context, so thanks again to both!

Giuliano