This is a long-standing defect in Finale. (One of those they should
have fixed years ago.)

The best workaround I know of is to use the Independent feature purely
for "Time Signature for Display" and to use invisibie tuplets to get
correct alignment and playback. If you have already done a lot of work
on it, you can use my Mass Copy plugin to apply the tuplets quickly.

Unfortunately, you will probably lose any hand-crafted note spacing
you have done.