Okay, I'm back to FinMac 2008a now, confident that the bugs that prevented me from doing useful work are now eliminated.

However a couple of things have cropped up that I don't remember seeing before (how can this be?)

I have a score created in 2003 that I am updating in 2008a. In the Manage Parts dialogue I created the parts all at once, no problem. I even created voiced parts (Clar 1 and 2 on one staff in the score become separate parts) though I had to do them one at a time (any easier way to do that in a bunch?) and I couldn't leave a Clar 1 solo off the the Clar 2 part. I see that if I had Clar 1 entirely and alone in Layer 1, with Clar 2 entirely and alone in Layer 2, then I could do it, but I often have them sharing stems in the same layer. So am I out of luck?

Also I have a harp part. The harp group name shows up on the linked part beside every system. Any way to hide that only in the linked part?

Thanks in advance.

Christopher

(The enharmonic flip bug in Speedy seems to be gone, AFAICT. Whee!)