Wow, Darcy.

My hat is off to you for spending the time to figure out how to do that. Your ability to get this program to sit up and spit nickels never fails to amaze me, as it always highlights hidden depths and abilities of the program which counter some of the frustrations that the more mundane activities sometimes engender.

Thanks for sharing the solution with us!
David H. Bailey

Darcy James Argue wrote:
Hey all,

Never mind, I figured it out.

For the curious:

First enter the figure as regular quarter notes and eighth notes.

Next, for the bars with partial tuplets, create a "4 quarters in the space of 6 quarters" tuplet over the entire bar. This turns all quarter notes in the measures into quarter note triplets.

Next, we need to change the eighth notes into non-tuplet eighth notes. This can be done by applying a nested tuplet to the eighth notes: "four eighth notes in the space of sixth eighth notes."

Finally, hide all the triplets and render the partial triplets graphically.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]